Remember: written for my mom
I guarantee that you remember the first word I said,
The first time I ever fell out of my bed,
The first nightmare that scared me to death,
And I bet you remember my very first breath,
And I'm sure you remember the first time I cried,
The very first teardrops that fell from my eyes,
The first time I stood up all on my own,
The first time you got angry enough to raise your tone,
The first time I walked onto a schoolbus,
And the first outfits you picked that made me put up a fuss,
The first "A" I got on an important test,
And all of the friends that I've called my best,
The only time we got you on April Fools,
And the first time I told you I hated school,
The first lie I told that you saw right through,
And the first time I told you I love you too,
Through the beginning years and those later in life,
You've been there constantly right by my side,
And I know that In the future,
No matter what I do,
You're my one and only mother,
And I owe it all to you.
Being Me
When I'm lonely,
I look to all the things that I have,
To keep me centered and stable,
And I'm able,
To look past all the things that I've lost,
To all the good that I've earned,
No matter the cost,
I didn't toss out my options,
I know just what I can do,
And when I'm through,
I'll know that I have earned my keep,
And I can sleep better knowing that I've done my best,
Because even if I don't outdo the rest of those trying,
I work for what I really want,
I don't let my dreams go to waste,
In my haste to get out of this forsaken city in this lonely state,
I've learned to wait for the good things in life,
I don't strive to reach them if the price is too high,
I'll just sit back and relax because there's no need for stress,
And I know that being patient is what gives me my edge,
To be what I can be and live my life to the fullest.
Without Sound: With a funny twist :-D
Can you imagine living if we didn't have sound?
Life just wouldn't be the same without CD's spinning 'round,
No stereos blasting the most popular songs,
Because there can't be a song without the music along,
There'd be no way to teach because the words wouldn't be known,
And you can't understand what you've never been shown,
There'd be no first words for the baby to come,
Because they wouldn't have sounds to learn their first words from,
There'd be no way to write what I'm writing right now,
Because if I never learned letters,
I wouldn't know how,
So it's lucky we are to hear what we hear,
But that doesn't mean I have to listen,
When you're shouting in my ear.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I loved it! Thanks for asking me to read it. You are very gifted in your poetry. I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work, though I'm sure it's more pleasure than work for you. Glad you had fun at the party!
That last one did have a funny twist, I liked it.
-Storm-
I can't wait to become good friends and don't worry I will do somthing for storm wether he likes it or not!
Post a Comment