Writing

Writing

Music Player


Saturday, March 24, 2007

Recent Poetry

Doesn't really need a title. The most appropriate would be Hurt

It hurts,
There's no medicine to ease this pain,
And I'm going insane,
Thinking I'm the one at fault,
If I would just back off,
And keep my feelings to myself,
People wouldn't run to somebody else,
To tell about the things I've done wrong,
Living my life like I was in a country song,
Full of misplaced affection,
My direction,
Needs to take on a whole new turn,
I don't want to get burned,
Anymore,
My recent wounds are still pretty sore,
It's not worth it,
To pick the scabs and start again,
With the same pain I got in the very beginning,
So as I wait for the healing,
The cooling sense of relief,
You're sitting there wondering,
Is this poem about me?

^ You know who you are. I told you that I would write about it. It's not written to hurt you. It's just how I felt.

Wake Up Call

Is this my wake up call,
I answer the loudly ringing phone,
Hey Katy, wake up, you've always been on your own,
No one cares, except for the occasional few,
Why would you think anyone would ever care for you,
Do you think that you're worth it,
That you're really enough,
That you can overcome the obstacles,
And gain everyone's love,
It's not going to happen,
You have too much at stake,
I slam down the phone,
That's not a call I want to take.

A Matter of Trust

Do your friends have your back?
Do they love you at all?
Why do I shrink from the questions?
Why do I feel so small?
'Cause I'm afraid that the answers,
May not be good ones for sure?
I can't tell if you're lying,
I've been mistaken before,
But I don't want to be wrong this time,
That's too much to take,
To learn that one of my friends,
Is no more than a fake.

No comments:

Second Music Player