Writing

Writing

Music Player


Sunday, February 25, 2007

New Poem (probably gonna call it Tired)

I'm just so tired that I can't even rest,
Sleep doesn't come easily, I just want to make one little nest,
And snuggle down into a peaceful stupor,
But I can't seem to do that, Because while everyone else is in dreamland,
I'm here, tossing and turning, Burrowing deeper into the blankets,
Suffocating from the heat but freezing if I take them off,
I'm burning, With the need for just one minute's peace,
And it's getting so hard to breathe,
Tangled up in these twisted sheets,
There's so much to do and so little time,
Thoughts burning in the back of my mind,
They just won't turn off, it's a constant drill,
The shrill of a horn drums through my head,
As I lay in my bed, fighting off worries,
Fighting for a good night's sleep,
Dreaming of the day when I will finally be okay,
To dream during a blissful slumber unlike any other,
With no worries beating down on my unconscious brain,
When that day will come, I wonder.

1 comment:

Sandman said...

I'm very tired too, but seriously that is like me whenever I NEED to sleep. When I want to stay up I can't fall asleep.

-Storm-

Second Music Player