Writing

Writing

Music Player


Friday, March 9, 2007

Untitled (as of yet)

To what do I owe this pleasure,
As selfish desires come together before mine eyes,
As I glide through the meadows of my dreams,
The seams are ripped from thy sheltered abode,
Breaking free from thy fretful bonds,
Thou art overcome by bravery,
To hasten away from thy wretched chambers,
Thy dangers melt away behind my bewildered eyes,
Pleasure censures the most troubled of dreams,
Horrors of the night fade under the rising sun,
And become one with the hazy day,
And with the setting of the sun,
Nightmares overcome the pleasure of rest,
Of thy troubled encounters,
Sweltering in the heat of thy misery,
Entrance me in my plague of dreams,
For thou art my inner spirit,
Thou art my will to conquer the threat of night,
To thee do I come to relieve the pressure,
Of the ever growing burden of life,
It is thou that collects my thoughts,
Thou who holds the mystery of escape,
For to sleep is to dream,
And dreams are but wishes,
Wrought with the threads of helpless desires,
To sleep forever sheer bliss,
As I wait for the morning,

And the nighttime's final kiss.

To anyone who reads this: I want everyone to tell me what you think this means. I don't care who you are, whether you like it or not, or anything like that, just tell me what you think it means. Oh and if you do or don't like it, you can tell me. I just want input on it.

2 comments:

Sandman said...

It sounds as though you desire some adventure in your life, or some major task. But you cannot do whatever it is alone. If you don't accomplish this goal it will haunt you forever, or maybe it already is.

Maybe you want to get away from something, school perhaps. Or you want to find something (or someone).

It kind of reminds me of the song "Sad but True" by Metallica. Or at least part of it does.

These are just a few opinions and I may be very far off, its open for interpretation.

-Storm-

Anonymous said...

your poem is about the love you most desire. you cherish your time of slumber, for you know that it is in your dreams that your love is most real to you. you long for him to invade your day and not just your night.

Second Music Player