Belief
Behind my eyes,
Inside my head,
You’d be surprised,
To find instead,
Not thoughts or hopes,
No brain or nerves,
No ability to cope,
No feelings preserved,
From when you left,
They all disappeared,
All pain is bereft,
My conscious is cleared.
Bitter Words
The words aren’t sweet,
Neither simple nor true,
But are riddled with arrows,
That slice neatly through,
The truth of the words,
Given simply and sweet,
From the tenderest of hearts,
Backing away from defeat,
As time passes on,
The arrows fade away,
But the heart is left broken,
On the sleeve where it lay.
Blood on Your Hands
I leave my heart within your grasp,
The love of which is yours to keep,
But do not squeeze too tightly,
For on your hands the blood will seep,
Between your knuckles it will run,
A crimson flood of wants and needs,
Stemming from a tender heart,
Bruising even as it bleeds,
I left my heart within your grasp,
But no warning did you heed,
Instead you squeezed too tightly,
Until no blood was left to bleed.
Buried Alive
Shivering in the closeness,
Breathing without air,
Dirt a constant odor,
Seeping in from everywhere,
Feel the rumblings of the earth
Shaking overhead,
Trying to make yourself be heard,
Sickened by your dread,
Feel the burning in your lungs,
The pressure growing strong,
Constricted muscles agonized,
Without air far too long,
Make one last effort to survive,
To make your presence known,
All last attempts are futile,
For in here you’re all alone.
Christmas Time Again
Its Christmas time again,
A time for family and fun,
Filled with memories from years past,
When traditions first begun.
All the people gathered 'round,
Laughter ringing through the air,
As the stories pass from ear to ear,
By everyone who’s there.
All the plans are made for presents,
To be passed on down the line,
To adults and children all the same,
You see their faces shine.
It’s the bond that people share,
Through the joy and all good cheer,
As we spend these days together,
It’s the most special time of year.
Cold
I’m cold after all the times I’ve been burned in the past. I know that the next time will certainly not be the last. But I could only wish that people knew how much I keep sealed behind the slowly crumbling happiness I use as a shield. I’m not the person you think, the constantly chipper girl. It’s just the image I project to the rest of the world to keep people from thinking that I am miserably weak. If you spent enough time you’d probably see the cold streak that I’ve built up as a defense against the darts that you aim; striking on my tender heart and bursting into flame. So I put my pain on ice, wait for scars to heal and hope that never will you have to feel what I feel.
Death
Stabbed over and over with icy needles of fear,
Seeing you dying slowly before my eyes,
Screaming and crying, rocking back and forth,
Spasms racking through your chilled body,
Shivers icy like death against your skin,
Shudders of breath coursing through my lungs as I’m,
Stumbling to the shell of you,
Soulless and lifeless on the ground,
She sucked the spirit from your veins,
Sweat left to dry on your motionless corpse,
Shouts of terror leaving my burning throat,
Saving you has become impossible.
Fighter
You think that I'm so innocent,
I couldn't hurt a fly,
But if you really knew me,
That'd be the furthest from your mind.
I can bicker with the best,
I'm a fighter till the end,
Any other way you see me,
You made up inside your head.
I get angry,
I get violent,
I'm not moody,
I'm not silent,
I exchange harsh words,
I scream and yell,
If you piss me off,
You can go to hell.
I won't just sit,
And let it slide,
You rile me up,
You're bound to find.
A bloody nose,
A big black eye,
So be afraid,
When I come by.
Cause I'm a bitch,
I don't pretend,
You mess with me,
You meet your end!
Friends Forever
For the way you care,
Reading between the lines,
Instead of looking at the surface,
Expecting nothing in return,
No payment is required,
Doing anything to make me smile,
Sometimes I take it for granted,
Forgetting all you’ve done,
Overlooking the special moments,
Remembering the bad instead of the good,
Every fight and mistake,
Vying for attention they don’t deserve,
Every good memory is a treasure,
Remembered forever like the person they’re made with.
I Want You Back
I keep closing my eyes,
Just so I can see your face,
Replaying precious memories,
That cannot be erased,
All the times you laughed,
Because I tickled you so much,
And kissing you on the forehead,
Because I needed that simple touch,
But dreams are meant for sleeping,
Because they cause me too much pain,
Knowing that you're off without me,
Is driving me insane,
I can't help but miss those moments,
When I had you by my side,
Walking down along the beach,
Getting our feet wet in the tide,
I'd do anything to get you,
Back in my arms to stay,
Because living without you near me,
Is becoming harder every day,
I've tried to block the memories,
Move on, Find someone new,
But I know that it's impossible,
Because no one compares to you,
I'm won't be surprised if you're not willing,
To cut me any slack,
But I'm sorry for everything I've done wrong,
And I really want you back.
I'm Better
If you think you’re better,
Think again,
I can do so much better,
Than you can,
I’m a perfect princess,
At any time,
You in comparison,Are less than slime,
I’m gorgeous, gifted,
And oh so great,
The kind of person,
You love to hate,
Because you know,
That I’m the best,
And you are no more,
Than a pest!
Insight
I’m stuck in a rut of unwanted love, giving all I have but never enough, waiting for acceptance that never quite comes, feeling useless and finally ready to succumb, to the ever growing need to give up on useless hopes, finally taking action, don’t wanna sit around and mope, over worthless thoughts and wishes with which I have to cope, being tugged into the madness by an ever growing rope, dealing with desires that can never quite be met, living in a world of loneliness and needs that I regret, trying not to remember pains but I can never quite forget, all the times that tears of sadness left my miserable eyes wet, I’m waiting for the days when I can finally be free, of the need for the affection that is never given to me, and I know it would be worth it if only someone would see, that all I ever wanted was for someone to see me.
Invisible
No face,
No arms,
No legs,
No voice,
No person here,
The space is clear,
She disappeared,
Without a choice,
No thoughts,
No hopes,
No fears,
No dreams,
No person here,
The space is clear,
She disappeared,
Or so it seems,
No brain,
No lungs,
No nerves,
No heart,
No person here,
The space is clear,
She disappeared,
She fell apart,
No love,
No fun,
No joy,
No birth,
No person here,
The space is clear,
She disappeared,
She’s of no worth,
No home,
No car,
No windows,
No door,
No person here,
The space is clear,
I disappeared,
I’m here no more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment