Writing

Writing

Music Player


Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More Poetry

Longing

I see myself clearly,
A reflection of everything I’ve never wanted,
Tormented by things I can’t have,
Dreams unfulfilled, hopes shattered,
Left broken as the heart inside,
Always wishing for useless desires,
Never seen as more than a nuisance,
To be tossed aside at a whim,
And loved as no more,
Such is the turmoil haunting the conscious mind,
Love and hate balanced in equal measure,
To be distributed at will by the one person,
That has control over the heart,
Broken or whole,
But never treasured,
Belonging to the one who will never want it,
As the heart yearns, so the tears fall,
Listening to words of love promised to another.

Lost

Eyes drift closed,
Shutting out the light,
Cloaking the world in darkness,
Black smudges shifting,
Shaping images you know,
Places you’ve been,
People you’ve known,
Things you’ve seen,
Then it’s you alone,
No other within eye range,
Looking for the images you crave,
The places you’ve been,
Forgotten,
The people you’ve known,
Erased,
The things you’ve seen,
Invisible,
Just you so confused,
Lost in the barren wasteland,
The infinite stretch of nothingness,
You shudder and fall,
Crying for the images lost,
Eyes drift open,
Who are you?

Magic

Can you feel the magic,
Pouring out of me,
In my thoughts and in my words,
In what I’ve come to be.

The power that I hold,
That shimmers in the air,
The comfort that I leave,
For everyone to share.

I’m living my life through this magic,
I’m giving my time to make this right,
Though our lives can be so tragic,
I’m stepping in to help you win this fight,
And even though you don’t believe,
That this magic is for real,
All your pain will be relieved,
Magic heals.

Make Whole

One poison dart,
Shoots straight through the heart,
For every word unspoken,
Another hole starts,
But for every rare instant,
That the words aren’t so distant,
A hole fills back up,
With the love first resisted.

Our Love

It’s a feeling that I get,
It’s that sparkle in my eyes,
It’s something I won’t regret,
It’s a blessing in disguise.

It’s a mystery,
Oh baby can’t you see,

It’s our love,We’ll always be together,
From heaven above,
Through the rain and stormy weather,
It’s what I dreamt of,
My heart’s light as a feather,
Oh baby can’t you see,
Our love is everything to me.

Storms

Storms threaten,
A scent on the wind,
A sizzle in the air,
Scraping against the senses,
A warning to be heeded,
Lightning flashes,
Thunder rumbles,
A beat of a drum,
As much primitive as angry,
Sounding against the sky,
Enhancing the unnatural dusk,
One individual stands,
At the center of the primal stab of wind,
Reveling in the ferocity of the storm,
One in anger,
One in right,
Mindless to the danger,
Sheltered in its eye,
The wind picks up speed,
The clouds at breaking point,
Rains fall in a torrent,
Drenching those individuals,
That never felt the wind,
Or saw the clouds.

Suffocation

The noxious fumes enter my lungs, sweeping through the tunnels, where breath equals life, closing out the oxygen, destroying precious air, the gases enter my blood, draining out my soul, as you hold the pillow over my face, suffocating me with your hate, I can’t escape the haze, the disgust you’ve always aimed, for whatever reason, destroying my only chance at happiness, the noxious fumes leave my lungs, sweeping out of the tunnels, no longer needing the precious air, you got what you wanted, I’m gone.

Think of Me

Think of me,
When you're all alone,
How the time has gone by,
How fast I've grown.

Think of me,
When you see a smile,
Because I'm always happy,
And smiles are worthwhile.

Think of me,
When you get a hug,
Because affection is key,
When it comes to love.

Think of me,
And think of the times,
That I made you laugh,
With my silly rhymes.

Think of me,
When times get tough,
And always remember,
When the going gets rough,
That I'll come running,
No matter what.

Tribute to Friendship

Thinking of the past,
Of the mistakes that I have made,
Of the friends I used to have,
And the ones I have today,
They come in all varieties,
The just love to have fun,
They’d rather play for one whole day,
Than get anything done,
Not one of them is perfect,
But they all stay in my heart,
Because they stick right by me,
They have right from the start,
So if you really love your friends,
Make sure to let them know,
‘Cause if you need a shoulder to cry on,
You’ll have somewhere to go,
This is a tribute to the ones,
You miss when you’re apart,
So keep your friends right next to you,
As well as in your heart.

No comments:

Second Music Player