Responsibility
Responsibility,
I don’t have any,
I waste my time,
With frivolous rhymes,
That mean the world to me.
A quick and clever mind,
That’s something you won’t find,
I waste my skills,
With pens and quills,
Writing poems that are one of a kind.
A perfect memory,
Not something you will see,
I waste my thoughts,
On words that fought,
To get outside and breathe.
Secrets
It’s a secret that I keep,
When I see you in the hall,
When I’m awake, when I’m asleep,
Doing anything at all.
You’re the first thought in my head,
When I wake up every morn,
Should I tell you, maybe not?
My feelings are so torn.
I need you,
I don’t know how to say,
That you’re the one that gives me strength,
To make it through the days,
And though I know,
That you don’t have a clue,
I can’t help but wonder,
If I’m the one for you.
The Light of the World
You shine for everyone to see,
But most of all,
You shine for me,
When tear drops sparkle on my face,
It is your light that does erase,
The pain that causes them to fall,
When no one else can help at all,
Through all the sorrow I have gone,
It's you that's there to urge me on,
Through all the joy and games and fun,
It's you that shines on like the sun,
And as I grow I appreciate,
This light of yours that does not abate
Those Things We Do
It's just one of those things we do, Those crazy little deeds that make up our lives, That make us who we are today, In this world, In which we strive, To stand out and be the best, And come above all of the rest, Those things we do, That choose our paths, And let us see, If we can last, In this world and in this life, Through joy and hardship, Love and strife, Those things we do, That make us who, We want to be, Inside ourselves, Where we believe, That no one else, Can come between, Our hopes and dreams.
Time Goes By
Time flies,
I’m going fast,
All memories,
Go swiftly past,
My eyes shift through,
The muddled brain,
To bring back,
My life again,
Time goes on,
No stop no pause,
I’ve lost myself,
Without a cause,
I can’t slow down,
I cursed myself,
To skip through time,
To my own hell,
Time goes by,
I’m fixed in place,
You see the pain,
Upon my face,
As friends and loved ones,
Fail to see,
I’m slowly dying,
From misery,
As time flies on,
I bleed inside,
For those I love,
Don’t see me cry,
I hide these tears, This wrenching pain,
For the life I can’t
Have back again,
I’m lost in time,
As others live,
Their precious lives,
But don’t forgive,
The ones that trampled,
On their heart,
As my life crumbles,
I fall apart,
For I was given,
One last try,
And instead of living,
I said goodbye.
Why Me
Why me,
Why not somebody else,
I’m sick and tired of living life in this hell,
This misery,
It's getting so hard to breathe,
As I wait patiently for my fate,
What’s my diagnosis?
Psychosis,
I'm going crazy day by day,
And this pain just won't go away,
It getting harder more and more,
And I'm torn,
Between living just for one day more,
But I can't take this,
Disease inside,
This constant turmoil of a troubled mind,
And I'm losing control,
Of my life as a whole,
There's nothing left of this life,
Say goodbye.
Worn
I’m washed up,
Washed out,
On the ground,
Full of doubt,
Lying lifeless,
On the floor,
Broken,
Torn,
Bleeding,
Sore,
Battered,
Bruised,
I fall apart,
Hear no breathing,
Feel no heart,
Beating,
Burning,
Ripped and shorn,
Tired and helpless,
Body worn,
Lost in spirit,
Lost in mind,
Dead emotions,
Left behind,
Body weakened,
No more pain,
I say goodbye,
And drift away.
I particularly like the last one. I know it sounds evil and in a way it is but it is actually one of my favorites. Another of my favorites is Time Goes By. I tend to prefer my evil poems to the happy happy joy joy ones but I'll take your opinions if you offer them. Love yas.
KATY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I like "Time Goes By" a lot too its like the story of my life. The poem "Secrets" makes me think, people just have so many of them, I'm glad that I'm not really priviledged enough to know them all because I don't want to.
The last one I want to comment on is "Responsibilty," since as far as I can tell thats how you really do feel, I want to say that your thoughts aren't going to waste, these poems are awesome and I'm glad that you write them. Plus they help me pass the time since my gym membership expired.
-Storm-
Post a Comment