Writing

Writing

Music Player


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Some Poetry for Those Deeper Minds

You Over Me

Don’t think, that you could actually make me cry, try to lie even as those eyes hold back a smile,

All the while, you think that I am crushed as dirt, hurt, mulling over all your words,
But I’m not, you don’t have a thing on me,

Can’t you see, you think that you’re the best around, but it’s you that I’ve found, twitching lifeless on the ground, crushed by the pain, looking for a way to gain, back all the things you thought you had,

But it’s sad, you never really looked inside, you tried to hide, what everyone could see outside,

In your mind, you were always on the top, but you’re not, the bottom is the best you’ve got, as I’m here up above, with all the joy you thought me never worthy of, looking down on you like you looked down on me, seeing all the things you didn’t want to see in yourself,

You’re living in an alternate hell, surrounded by mistakes that you made,
I want to trade, is the plea that’s in your eye, as you lay down to die,

Remembering the things you said, all the lies that came off the top of your head,
But you’re dead to me now, I see with a frown as I speed faster up into the clouds,

There’s nothing of you in me, like you always wanted me to believe, and there’s never going to be,

You just want to make me cry, and even when those tears were denied, you tried to hurt me any way that you could, you never would,

I’m tougher than I seem to look, you mistook, a small frame for an easy mark,
Thinking I was in the dark, but I’ve seen the light,

You just want to hurt me out of spite, I won’t fight, it never helps for anything, in the end only bringing pain and suffering,

And I knew that you would never get the clue, so I’m giving up, this poem is through.

Thank You

I don’t know how to show my thanks,
In any other way,
So I chose to write this poem,
Because I need to say:

Thank you for the times,
When you knew I needed strength,
So you gave me yours to borrow,
So I could get through the day.

Thank you for the moments, When I thought that no one cared,
So you showed me I was wrong,
‘Cause I’d forgotten you were there.

Thank you for the days,
When I was feeling down,
You told me jokes, and made me laugh,
To get rid of my frown.

Thank you for the minutes,
That I took up of your time,
When I whined or cried or bothered you,
You forgave my petty crimes.

Thank you for the seconds,
When you comforted my pain,
Through guys and love and heartbreak,
You always kept me sane.

Thank you for the treasure,
That you bring to me each day,
I will cherish you forever,
Forever in my heart, you’ll stay.

Never Fall Apart

Verse 1:
When I’m alone,
I think of you,
All the times you’ve made me smile,
All the things that we’ve been through.

You are my hope,
You’re the one that makes things right,I know that I am home,
When I have you by my side.

Refrain:
I will stand by you,
When everyone else falls,
Through good times and the bad,
You keep me standing tall.

It was meant to be,I can feel it in my heart,
As long as I have you,I will never fall apart.

Verse 2:
Right by your side,
Is where I want to be,
From this day on,
For all eternity.

Forevermore,
Till the end of days,
I will love you,
Forever and always.
Refrain:

Hold on to Me

Refrain:
(Hold on to me) When the night around is silent,
(Hold on to me) If my tears or words get violent,
(Hold on to me) We can put this all behind you,
(Hold on to me) Let my tears and pain remind you,
To hold on to me.

Verse 1:
I will turn to you,
In the middle of the night,
The peace that’s on your face,
Will ease the pain that lies inside.

You welcome all my fears,
You break them all apart,
You wrestle out the demons,
That have reign inside my heart.

I’m Already Yours

You know that I’m the one,
When you look into my eyes,
All the love that you feel,
You know you can’t disguise.

But you still can’t help but wonder, If my feelings are the same,
If I’m just setting this up,
Am I playing a game?

If you really don’t know,
Maybe it’s time for a change,
Because all that I’m feeling,
Is as plain as the day.

I won’t promise a lifetime,
And forever’s out the door,
Because those are not long enough,
I need you so much more,
But I can promise you one thing,
And I know that it’s for sure,
You can’t find anyone better,
Because I’m already yours.

You can’t help but think,
That it’s all make believe,
That I’m only here for one thing,
And that thing is to deceive,
If that’s what’s on your mind,
Then let’s put this all behind,
Cause you’ve never known me even from the start.

If you had you wouldn’t fret,
There’d be no room for regret,
Because you’d know that I’ll be with you,
Till the very end.

I won’t promise a lifetime,
And forever’s out the door,
Because those are not long enough,
I need you so much more,
But I can promise you one thing,
And I know that it’s for sure,
You can’t find anyone better,
Because I’m already yours.

It’s not hard to see,
That you mean the world to me,
And it pains me that you want to harbor doubt,
But if I can ease your mind,
Then you’ll be the one to find,
That love is what I’m talking about.

I won’t promise a lifetime,
And forever’s out the door,
Because those are not long enough,
I need you so much more,
But I can promise you one thing,
And I know that it’s for sure,
You can’t find anyone better,
Because I’m already yours.

No, you can’t find anyone better,
Because I’m already, I’m already yours.

Goodbye to You

What I feel,
It doesn’t matter anymore,
All I know,
This pain is unreal.

I’m breaking down,
This suffering is more than I can take,
No more,
Will I sit down and wait.

I’m finally giving up this fight,
Stepping out of darkness into light,
Seeing all the things I left behind,
While you were on my mind,
I’m letting go of all the pain and doubt,
The thoughts of you I’m better off without,
After all that we’ve been through,
I’m finally saying goodbye to you.

All I’ve done,
Isn’t important anymore,
Starting here and now,
Right back where we’ve begun.

I will move on,
I will put this all behind myself,
No more,
Will I shed these tears and run.

I’m finally giving up this fight,
Stepping out of darkness into light,
Seeing all the things I left behind,
While you were on my mind,
I’m letting go of all the pain and doubt,
The thoughts of you I’m better off without,
After all that we’ve been through,
I’m finally saying goodbye to you.

I will make,
It through this pain and sorrow,To the joy that goes forever and beyond,
And I will take,
The todays and the tomorrows,
To make you see that what you had is gone.
I’m finally giving up this fight,
Stepping out of darkness into light,
Seeing all the things I left behind,
While you were on my mind,
I’m letting go of all the pain and doubt,
Even though I wanna scream and shout,
That even after all that we’ve been through,
I’ll never be the one for you.

1 comment:

Sandman said...

You're really good at writing...
...I am impressed (thats an accomplishment right there because I am hard to impress).

:)

-Storm-

Second Music Player