Writing

Writing

Music Player


Friday, April 20, 2007

I just wanna write so I'm going to

I'm lost in the wilderness that I call my mind,
Struggling against the thickening vines that cling to my conscious brain,
They're choking me, blocking out all free air,
As the thorns rip through the threads of my true feelings,
I realize that there's no way out,
Unless I fight against the cords that are holding me down,
If I just use the things I'm given to break through the densest of fogs,
A clearing in the brush of useless memories will appear,
No more will I be held back by the fear of success,
I can move forward, freeing the cobwebs that stick in my head,
Finally getting the relief that I've been longing for,
The vines that have wrapped around me will be cut down,
I can walk freely on this newly found path,
Towards the dreams that I've been looking for,
And never seemed to find,
I can finally have my freedom from this web of tangled desires,
And focus on the sole purpose I have come to recognize,
I need to find my destined path,
And follow wherever it leads,
If I want to leave this wilderness,
And finally reach my dreams.

I feel like trying to write another song.

A Friend Like You

Have you ever been torn?
Felt like you were ripped in two?
Hid inside your head and waited?
Hoping someone would find you?

Have you ever been alone?
And wondered what you did wrong?
To find yourself where you,
Don't wanna belong?

Well I have,
And it is the worst feeling,
You couldn't imagine,
What I've been through,
And I have,
Hoped that someday you'd see me,
And realize that I,
Could use a friend like you.

Have you ever watched the rain?
Pouring down from the sky?
And wished it was as easy,
To let tears fall from your eyes?

Have you ever seen the sun?
Shining down on the trees?
And wished the heat that fell there,
Could somehow make your heart unfreeze?

Well I have,
And it is the worst feeling,
You couldn't imagine,
What I've been through,
And I have,
Hoped that someday you'd see me,
And realize that I,
Could use a friend like you.

Put yourself into my place,
How you'd feel if you were stuck this way,
Maybe then you'll finally see,
Why someone like you, Could help someone like me.

Well I want,
To be the one to tell you,
That life doesn't always go right,
And I wish,
That you could somehow see through,
The imperfections of the outside,
To the beautiful person I am... inside.

Don't ask why that's so sad. I wouldn't know the answer. But I've made it up as I went along with a way to sing it. Maybe I'll sing it for you if I ever think about it or you ask or something. Dunno. Nighttime. Love yas.

KATY

2 comments:

Exquisite said...

I love your poem! It coincides with my latest blog update. This is truly how I feel too!

Fran "the man" said...

i really liked the poem A Friend Like You, because that's how i feel sometimes but not a lot.

Second Music Player